Hypnosis is a tool to communicate with the subconscious mind. Besides a method for quick relaxation, hypnosis allows for rapid learning. The subconscious mind is the part of the mind that develops habit. You can learn to be slim, a nonsmoker, calm, confident, motivated, intuitive, etc. You can also develop a habit of responding in these ways.
The subconscious mind’s primary concern is with constructive work. Self-hypnosis is a tool that, once mastered, allows you to be in direct communication with your subconscious mind. With self-hypnosis, you tell your mind what that work will be.
More information on hypnosis:
- Hypnosis does not involve mind control or unconsciousness.
- You cannot be made to enter hypnosis against your will.
- Hypnosis is a natural experience that happens to most of us each day when we become absorbed in doing something like driving, working, reading, or watching TV.
- All your senses are awake and alert while you are in a hypnotic state.
- You are in control at all times while in hypnosis.
- While in hypnosis, you only say and do what you would normally say and do in a conscious state.
- You can return to full consciousness any time you either want to of feel the need to.
- The subconscious mind makes up about 90% of your total mind power and contains a “mental movie” of everything that has happened in your life.